Foot and Ankle Conditions
BayCare Health System provides comprehensive diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative services for adult foot and ankle conditions ranging from the common to the complex. Proper foot care is not something most of us think about until problems literally put us out of step. Yet, foot and ankle problems are among the most common health ailments. Virtually everyone will experience some degree of foot and ankle problems during their lifetime. Although some problems are inherited, many stem from a lifetime of accumulated abuse and neglect, such as wearing improper footwear or not seeking early medical attention. Our specialized orthopedic teams treat:
- Nail conditions
- Heel pain
- Sports injuries
- Diabetic and geriatric foot problems
Foot and Ankle Care: What to Expect
After making a diagnosis, our patients receive the full spectrum of care needed to correct the problem, eliminate pain and restore the joint to optimal performance. Our foot and ankle team works closely with other orthopedic services to deliver non-surgical treatments wherever possible.
Pain Relief for Feet and Ankles
Our comprehensive care also includes rehabilitative therapy with specialized equipment and skilled therapists. We use non-invasive therapeutic modalities such as:
- Iontophoresis - delivery of drugs through the skin using low-level electrical current
- Vasopneumatic compressive cryotherapy - utilizes Game Ready, a basic massaging compression sleeve unit used in pro sports and sport medicine, which decreases swelling and pain from injuries to the knee, foot, ankle, elbow, shoulder and lower back
- Alter G Anti-Gravity Treadmill® - utilizes a unique, air pressure technology, which allows a full range of motion while minimizing impact and stress on an injured athlete
Foot and Ankle Surgery
If non-surgical options for foot and ankle conditions do not provide adequate relief or are not appropriate, our skilled team of orthopedic surgeons offers the latest surgical techniques.
Comprehensive foot and ankle care locations:
- Morton Plant Hospital Ptak Orthopaedic and Neuroscience Pavilion
- St. Anthony's Hospital Center of Excellence in Orthopedics
- St. Joseph's Hospital Department of Orthopedics
For more information or a physician referral, call (855) 546-6297 or find a doctor near you.