BayCare provides advanced security measures for our moms and babies. From the moment of birth, we use a progressive infant security system to connect mom to her infant during their stay. We also take special care in tracking visitors' entrance and exit to these areas in our maternity hospitals. Visitors must know the patient by first and last name before they are allowed entrance. Our other security measures include:
- Safe, secure mother-baby unit with a 24-hour security system
- Education so parents know to let only authorized hospital personnel with official photo I.D. badges into their rooms
- Father/primary support person is welcome to stay with mother 24 hours a day
- Two security bands are placed on your baby's ankle: one matches mom's band and the other father/support person's band
- Only individuals with the baby's matching band will receive information about the baby or be allowed into the nursery alone
For more information or a physician referral, call (888) 828-9580.