Occupational and Physical Rehabilitation
Our rehabilitation team is there to assist your recovery after an illness, injury or surgery and get back to your optimal potential utilizing and individual home exercise program. Specializing in vestibular training, lymphedema therapy, Big and Loud therapy program, disease care pathways, balance and gait training, pain management and safety measures.
Evaluation a patient’s ability to swallow and will teach and training techniques to prevent choking while eating and drinking. Vital stim therapy. Evaluation of cognitive deficiencies and will teach and train techniques to improve communication, memory and safety awareness.
Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) work to prevent, assess and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, voice, and swallowing disorders.
Including but not limited to:
- Expressive and Receptive Language Deficits- Aphasia
- Cognitive - Linguistic Deficits
- Problem solving/Processing Issues/ Difficulty following directions
- Change in mental status affecting pts ability to safely complete ADL’s, assist with med compliance
- Swallowing Disorders from neurological deficits from (CVA, closed head injury, developmental), head and neck cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, as well as other possible causes
- Voice Disorders due to Vocal Cord Paralysis, Vocal Cord Dysfunction, Dysphonia
- Tracheostomy/ Ventilator dependent patients and use of PMV(Passy- Muir Valve) Speech Intelligibility - Dysarthria,
- Cognition for medication compliance and set up of home environment.
- Evaluation and treatment with use of AAC (Augmentative Alternative Communication Devices for CVA Patients with aphasia, apraxia and severe dysarthria, Parkinsons, and ALS as well as patient's with other neurodegenerative diseases).
- Pragmatic/ emotional therapy for behavioral deficits.