After Your Procedure
After Your Procedure:
- You will rest in our recovery area under the care of our specially trained nurses. You may be sleepy or dizzy after your procedure. Your anesthesiologist will monitor your condition.
- You and your family member will be given a written copy of your home care instructions. Please follow them carefully.
- You MUST have a responsible adult drive you home or accompany you if you are using another means of transportation.
- Plan to have someone remain with you through the first night after your procedure.
- Please do not drive, operate machinery or make important decisions for the first 24 hours after your procedure.
- You will receive a call from one of our nurses in the days following your procedure to ensure that your recuperation is on track.
- Contact your physician with questions and concerns. In an EMERGENCY - call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if you are unable to reach your physician and feel that your symptoms require immediate care.
St. Joseph’s Same Day Surgery
3003 W. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.