St. Joseph's Hospital-North is truly like no other hospital in the Tampa, Florida area. Our patient care team designed the facility so technology and advanced medical care blend harmoniously. Calming, cool tones on the walls, sophisticated artwork, bamboo floors, and warm lighting, all create a healing, comfortable atmosphere for our patients.
Comfortable, Patient-Focused Healthcare
Our team considered every patient comfort, based on years of delivering top-notch healthcare in facilities across the United States. Patient safety, privacy and comfort were paramount, as well as family members and visitors' concerns and needs.
Some of our amenities include:
- Restful, peaceful atmosphere, including no loudspeaker announcements to disturb recuperating patients
- All private suites with full bathroom and in-room family area
- Large, spacious waiting rooms with multiple flat screen TVS
- Patient privacy: Patients' rooms are on one side of a floor to maintain their privacy. When we discharge patients, we escort them through another hallway to a private driveway so they can avoid other visitors and patients.
- Room service everyday—patients can order their own meals. Our chef can accommodate almost every special diet, including dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan.
- "Edutainment" patient entertainment centers in each room intended to enhance communication, education and entertainment options
- Wireless communications and Internet access
Our state-of-the-art healthcare technology includes:
- Fully digital systems with Electronic Medical Records
- Real-time access to patient results, radiologic images and transcribed reports
- Telemetry Monitoring in all patient rooms
- Easy registration/admitting with Biometric Palm Scanning
- Digital surveillance
We built a spacious, modern facility to incorporate the newest thinking in healthcare delivery:
- 460,000 square-foot hospital (five stories)
- 50,000 square-foot physician office building (adjacent)
- 216 private patient suites
- 180-bed Medical/Surgical Unit
- 24-bed Intensive Care Unit
- 30-bed Emergency Department
- 12-bed Obstetrics/Maternity
- Eight general operating rooms
- Three interventional operating rooms
- Two women's surgical suites
- 1,000 free parking spaces