Lung navigation (electromagnetic navigation bronchoscopy), uses GPS-like technology to assist the physician in examining remote areas of the lung. Lung navigation is a minimally invasive tool to assist in early diagnosis of lung disease.
Lung Navigation: What to Expect
- Do not eat or drink for at least 8 hours before the test
- Discuss with your doctor any medications you take
- Arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home after the procedure
- Sedation is usually required for the procedure
- Procedure lasts an average of 45 minutes
- Typically, you can expect to go home the same day
For more information about endoscopic services at St. Anthony's Hospital or for a physician referral, please call (727) 825-1111.