If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1. For minor illnesses and injuries, visit BayCare Urgent Care for additional information and a list of locations.
Recently expanded, Cantonis ER-1 at Morton Plant Hospital now features more patient treatment areas and additional amenities designed to make your ER visit as quick and comfortable as possible.
To help reduce wait times, there are now two triage rooms and four additional private patient treatment areas.
Enhanced emergency care processes have been implemented such as:
- Bedside registration - so filling out paperwork doesn't delay medical care
- Point-of-care testing - ER-1 has its own in-house laboratory and radiology unit to lessen the time it takes to assess and diagnose a patient's condition
- Frequent rounding by clinical staff - an ER team member circulates the waiting room and patient treatment areas approximately every half hour to check on patients
Other features that enable team members to respond quickly and efficiently include:
- Separate ambulance entrance
- Portable phones for faster emergency team communication
- Digital radiology equipment, so radiologists and physicians can review X-rays simultaneously
- Wide hallways and slip-resistant flooring
The ER entrance has been relocated closer to the street for easier access and valet parking is free. Laptop tables, children's play area and complimentary coffee and charging stations for electronic devices are now available in the new lobby. Each patient treatment area has its own television and there is a new holding area for patients who need to be admitted.
Fully equipped with the latest technology and staffed by experienced emergency care physicians, nurses and other clinical personnel, Cantonis ER-1 is ready to respond to any medical emergency you or your family may experience.
Learn more about emergency care services at BayCare.
Cantonis ER-1 at Morton Plant Hospital
300 Pinellas St.
Clearwater, FL 33756
Map & Directions