Safe Kids USA is a nationwide network of organizations working to prevent unintentional childhood injury, the leading cause of death and disability for children ages 1 to 14.
Safe Kids Greater Tampa members:
- Teach families about child injury risks and prevention
- Encourage and conduct research on leading injury risks
- Evaluate solutions for injury risks
- Work to pass and improve child safety laws and regulations
- Provide lifesaving devices such as child safety seats, helmets and smoke alarms to families who need them
- Promote corporate leadership in child safety through effective and sustainable partnerships
Safe Kids Greater Tampa is a very active coalition. We have dynamic programs that address Tampa bay's unique safety needs including:
- Bike Safety
- Fire Safety
- In and Around Car Safety
- Pedestrian Safety
- Home Safety
- Poison Safety
- Teen Driving
- Water Safety
- Sports Safety
For more information about these programs, call the St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital Children’s Wellness and Safety Center at (813) 615-0589.
Learn more about our community safety programs.