Are you interested in advancing your career as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)? Would you like an opportunity to work in specialized acute care floors, our new 50-bed emergency department or cutting edge intensive care units, but you don’t have the experience?
BayCare Winter Haven Hospital (WHH) is pleased to offer the 2020 Graduate Respiratory Therapy (RT) Program for talented senior RT students interested in working as RRTs.
If you are interested, apply for any of the posted RT Equipment Technician positions at WHH. If you are chosen, on-the-job training will include attending a 6-month training session that will contain self-paced computer modules, shadowing opportunities, and hands-on experience on respiratory equipment.
During the 6 months, you will be assigned to a BayCare trained RT Preceptor. You will be closely followed by your clinical Preceptor and management team to ensure that you receive all the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to succeed in your new role.
If you have questions about the Graduate RT program, please call the Baycare RT Recruiter Amanda Blanco at 727-781-3139.
- Senior RT student from a Respiratory program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) expected to graduate in May 2020.
- Good standing RT student with GPA equal to or above 3.0.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (professional and/or academic, 1 must be from the RT Program Director or RT Director of Clinical Education).
- Must work under the guidance of a BayCare RT Preceptor each shift.
- Upon completion of the program, the shifts you are assigned to will vary based on the needs of the RT department.
- We are looking for bright graduates who share our respiratory values at WHH of excellence, professionalism, and compassion. Our BayCare values are trust, dignity, respect, responsibility, and excellence.
- $1,000 graduation bonus to all full-time Grad RTs
- $500 paid upon successful completion of his/her RRT Credentials and (90)-day probationary period as an RRT (must be completed within 6 months of date of hire or 6 weeks after graduation)
- $500 paid after one (1) year of successful employment as a full-time, licensed RRT
- $390 paid for NBRC exam fees
- $165 paid for Florida RT License fees
- Self-scheduling up to 20 hrs/week
- Paid opportunity to learn and master various basic and advanced RT equipment
- Free Kettering study materials for RRT, NPS, ACCS, CPFT/RPFT exam review
- Formal orientation to BayCare Health System and WHH