Patient Condition Updates
If you are a member of the media and would like to inquire about a patient being treated at one of our hospitals, please call the appropriate number listed below.
Bartow Regional Medical Center - (863) 291-6736
Morton Plant Hospital - (727) 461-8538
Morton Plant North Bay Hospital - (727) 461-8538
Mease Countryside Hospital - (727) 461-8538
Mease Dunedin Hospital - (727) 461-8538
St. Anthony's Hospital - (727) 461-8538
St. Joseph's Hospital - (813) 554-8216
St. Joseph's Children's Hospital - (813) 554-8216
St. Joseph's Women's Hospital - (813) 554-8216
South Florida Baptist Hospital - (813) 554-8216
Winter Haven Hospital - (863) 291-6736
Winter Haven Women's Hospital - (863) 291-6736
General Condition Information
If HIPAA privacy standards are met, general-condition information may be provided that does not communicate specific information about the individual. BayCare Health System adheres to The American Hospital Association’s recommendations for the following one-word descriptions of a patient's condition:
- Undetermined - Patient awaiting physician and assessment.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Vitals signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and Released - Patient received treatment but was not admitted.
- Treated and Transferred - Received treatment. Transferred to a different facility. (Although a hospital may disclose that a patient was treated and released, it may not release information regarding the date of release or where the patient went upon release without patient authorization).