Healthy Heart in Tampa, FL
Heart Healthy in Tampa, FL
Heart disease and stroke is the leading cause of death for men and women in the U.S. However, you can reduce many of your risks for heart disease and stroke with a few lifestyle changes.
Heart Disease Prevention
There are steps you can take today to lower your risk of developing heart disease. While there are certain risk factors you cannot change, such as family history of heart disease, there are many factors within your control. Making certain changes in your routine can help you live a heart-healthy lifestyle:
- Quit smoking and other tobacco use
- Exercise regularly (aim for at least 30 minutes every day)
- Eat a heart-healthy diet, including foods that are low in fat, cholesterol and salt, and rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Maintain a healthy weight, which will decrease your blood pressure, cholesterol level and risk of diabetes
- If you have high blood pressure or diabetes, talk to your doctor about ways to keep it under control
Learn more about:
- Heart disease prevention guidelines
- Signs of heart attack and stroke
- Heart disease and stroke: Questions to ask your doctor
Don't have a doctor? Call for a physician referral at a location close to you at (813) 644-4322.