Maternity Services in Riverview, Florida
Congratulations on your new arrival!
Motherhood is an incredible adventure, and your labor and delivery is just the beginning. No matter where you are in your journey, we want you to know that our staff is here for you every step of the way. Whether you are looking for a family doctor, pregnancy health care or other services, our expert medical staff includes a variety of providers who will be able to help you and your growing family with their healthcare needs.
Accommodations & Amenities
We have private, spacious labor and delivery rooms equipped with:
- Labor beds that have multiple positions specially designed for comfort during delivery
- Showers specially designed for use during labor
- Innovative infant warmers that quickly distribute warmth through a recessed heater while also serving as an in-bed scale
- Couches that double as beds, so mom’s partner can rest with her while she labors
- TVs that double as computers, with already established connections to the Internet, so you can upload photos of your new little one as soon as you are ready
- The paint color in the rooms is a hue designed for flash photography so that your baby portraits will look perfect
Our New NICU Is Coming Soon
A level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is coming to St. Joseph’s Hospital-South. The 10-bed unit, scheduled to open in late February 2021, will give newborns and their moms specialized, around-the-clock care from highly trained neonatologists, obstetric and pediatric hospitalists and board-certified maternal fetal medicine physicians and certified nurses.
This family centered NICU will provide individualized care and a comforting environment for the whole family. Moms can stay in the baby’s room during their stay, and all the specialized care needed is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
In the event that your baby needs an even higher-level care, we can transport them to our level IV NICU at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital.
Our Spacious Rooms and Facilities
Stay Informed on Women’s Health Tips & Resources.
Where do I start?
Being pregnant can be one of the most important experiences of a woman’s life. Along with the mounting anticipation of welcoming your new baby into the world, parents-to-be also receive a lot of new information and must make preparations for their growing family. Sometimes this can feel overwhelming but don’t worry; our team is here to help. As you begin your journey, we want you to know that our staff is here for you every step of the way!
- Need an OB physician that delivers at St. Joseph's Hospital-South? Fill out the form to the right and indicate you need an obstetrician.
- Download our free You're Expecting Planning Guide. ENGLISH ESPAÑOL
- Sign up for a class or birth center tour. Whether you’d like to learn about child birth, how to take care of your newborn, or have a look around our facility, we have some great classes to help you feel prepared for your new baby.
- Learn how to prepare for baby's birth day by using our pre-admission maternity checklist.
- Ready to deliver at St. Joseph’s Hospital-South? Pre-register for your delivery online.
- It’s time to select your child’s pediatrician. Fill out the form to the right and indicate you need a pediatrician.
- Find out what to expect the day of labor and delivery
- Learn about pain management techniques used at our facility
- Learn about our Mom and Baby Units
- Prepare for breastfeeding
- Baby’s first photo! Our professional photographers will capture that perfect shot of your new baby. Learn More.
Learn more about maternity services at BayCare.