Pulmonary and Respiratory Services in St. Petersburg, Florida
If you have pulmonary problems or suffer from a chronic lung disease such as emphysema, bronchitis or asthma, St. Anthony's Pulmonary Rehabilitation program can help you breathe easier. Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a medically prescribed program focusing on improving your overall fitness.
Who Qualifies For Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
The program is designed for anyone with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Your physician can determine if you would benefit from Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Generally, the program benefits people with:
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Chronic bronchitis
Benefits To You
Chronic lung disease affects not just your health but your whole life. By learning how to manage your lung disease on a daily basis, you can:
- Relieve strain on your heart and lungs
- Learn to breathe more effectively
- Improve your overall fitness
- Help prevent other health problems
When you feel better physically, you have a better outlook on life. Pulmonary Rehabilitation can improve your health in body, mind and spirit.
Our rehabilitation program consists of:
- Initial assessment and reassessment
- Education classes
- Breathing retraining
- Graded exercise program (heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen saturation are recorded before and after each session; participants are closely monitored)
- Dietary counseling (if needed)
The program includes one-hour rehabilitation sessions. Classes meet twice weekly and include a personalized exercise plan and upper and lower body strengthening exercises.
- A written referral from your physician
- Must be a nonsmoker
Medicare and most insurance companies cover the cost of the required tests and the rehabilitation sessions. Please feel free to ask specific questions about the cost of the program.
St. Anthony's Pulmonary Function Testing
St. Anthony's provides accurate outpatient testing to assess your Shortness of Breath, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Pre-Op testing. We offer Full Pulmonary Testing and Simple Spirometry.
St. Anthony's Hospital has:
- Certified Pulmonary Technologist
- State of the Art testing equipment
- All tests meet ATS Standards
- Excellent Customer Service
- Rapid interpretational results
To schedule pulmonary function testing, please call (727) 462-7740. For questions about testing, please call (727) 820-7765.
Learn more about pulmonary and respiratory services at BayCare.