Maternity Services in Clearwater, Florida
Congratulations on your new arrival!
Motherhood is an incredible adventure, and your labor and delivery is just the beginning. No matter where you are in your journey, we want you to know that our staff is here for you every step of the way. Whether you are looking for a family doctor, pregnancy health care or other services, our expert medical staff includes a variety of providers who will be able to help you and your growing family with their healthcare needs.
Where do I start?
Being pregnant can be one of the most important experiences of a woman’s life. Along with the mounting anticipation of welcoming your new baby into the world, parents-to-be also receive a lot of new information and must make preparations for their growing family. Sometimes this can feel overwhelming but don’t worry; our team is here to help. As you begin your journey, we want you to know that our staff is here for you every step of the way!
- Need an OB Physician that delivers at Morton Plant? Fill out the form to the right and indicate you need an obstetrician.
- Download our free You're Expecting Planning Guide. ENGLISH ESPAÑOL
- Sign up for a class or birth center tour. Whether you’d like to learn about child birth, how to take care of your newborn, or have your car seat inspected, we have some great classes to help you feel prepared for your new baby.
- Learn how to prepare for baby's birth day by using our pre-admission maternity checklist.
- Ready to deliver at Morton Plant? Pre-register for your delivery online.
- It’s time to select your child’s pediatrician. Fill out the form to the right and indicate you need a pediatrician.
About the Sarah Walker Women's Center
Located in the new four-story Doyle Tower, the Sarah Walker Women's Center offers obstetric urgent care, labor and delivery birthing suites, postpartum Mother-Baby suites and a Level II neonatal intensive care unit. The Center also holds the coveted WHO and UNICEF baby-friendly hospital designations. All women’s services are on a single level for patient comfort, convenience for visiting family members and increased efficiency.
Accommodations & Amenities
- All-private, spacious birthing suites
- Family-centered care throughout your stay, including new in-room guest accommodations, designated ‘babymoon’ period and children’s play area
- Anesthesia and neonatology available 24/7 Level II NICU on-site with private rooms
- Labor positioning menu allowing mom to try different positions during labor
- TVs with access to movies, cable and interactive education (GetWell Network)
- Board-certified lactation consultants available to guide new parents on breastfeeding
- Experienced physicians and staff, including board-certified obstetricians, certified nurse midwives and Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists
- State-of-the-art pain management program
- Water birth delivery option available
Meet Our Family Admission Nurse
Morton Plant Hospital is one of the only hospitals in the region to offer a special birth plan appointment with our family admission nurse before the arrival of your new baby. At this one-on-one appointment, you’ll discuss your desired birth plan and labor and delivery experience, including your preferred method of pain management and the use of other comfort techniques. You’ll also review the necessary medical consent paperwork, saving you lots of time on delivery day.
Here are some topics you may be interested in learning about at your appointment:
- Aromatherapy during birth
- Hydrotherapy during birth
- Wireless fetal monitoring
- Positioning options during labor and delivery
- Postpartum depression
- Lactation questions before birth
- Pain management questions before birth
When you and/or your baby are ready to go home, you’ll be discharged. Ask your family admission nurse if you have questions about:
- Lactation support
- Breast pump rental
- Who to call if I have any questions once I get home
- Take the virtual tour of our new tower.
- Learn about your birthing options
- Find out what to expect the day of labor and delivery
- Prepare for breastfeeding
- Learn about our breast milk donor program designed for NICU babies
- Physicians that deliver at Morton Plant Hospital
- Pediatricians near you
- Maternity patient guide
Learn more about maternity services at BayCare.