Awards and Recognition
Mease Dunedin Hospital is proud of its many achievements, including:
- Mease Dunedin Hospital has received national recognition for its spine program. We received the Gold Seal of Approval from The JointCommission for lumbar and cervical spine disorders. Blue Cross and Blue Shield has recognized Mease Dunedin Hospital with the designation of Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery®.
- Mease Dunedin Hospital is a Primary Stroke Center, accredited by The Joint Commission. This achievement signifies the Mease Dunedin's stroke protocols meet the standards of the country's best programs. To qualify, a hospital must demonstrate readiness to deliver stroke care within the first three hours that the event occurs. Doing so can significantly improve recovery and can, in some cases, greatly reduce or eliminate the harmful effects of a stroke.
- Mease Dunedin Hospital has achieved recognition as a Pathway to Excellence® hospital, designated by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, for its positive practice environments where nurses excel. As a Pathway to Excellence hospital, Mease Dunedin successfully met 12practice standards essential to an ideal nursing practice environment. For more information on Pathway to Excellence and what it means for our patients and nurses, visit https://www.nursingworld.org/organizational-programs/pathway/.
- In June, the hospital opened its new surgical center featuring three integrated technology operating suites. Averaging approximately 600-square-feet, the new operating suites are more than double the size of previous operating rooms.
- For the second year in a row, Mease Dunedin Hospital has earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) prestigious ENERGY STAR, the national symbol for protecting the environment through superior energy efficiency.