Children's Health Services in Safety Harbor, Florida
Families in Pasco and Pinellas counties can receive top-notch pediatric care at Mease Countryside Hospital. Thanks to the partnership with St. Joseph's Children's Hospital, Tampa's only children's hospital, your child can get expert pediatric care exclusively for kids close to home.
Our pediatric services include the following:
- Pediatric Emergency Care
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Inpatient and Outpatient Pediatric Services
Founded in 1977 in Dunedin; later moved to Mease Countryside Hospital campus
ER Visits: 8,377
Outpatient Surgeries: 80
Emergency Care Exclusively for Kids
When your child needs emergency care due to illness or injury, it can be a frightening experience. The Jacobsen ER at Mease Countryside Hospital is designed to make the visit to the ER calm, and less scary for the child and the whole family. We also offer:
- Board-certified pediatric emergency physicians and nurses that specialize in treating children.
- Specialized equipment to diagnose and treat kids.
- Child Life specialists help explain diagnosis and procedures and use play techniques to distract and calm our young patients.
- A dedicated waiting room designed for kids
Our pediatric emergency center is capable of treating any emergency but should a child require additional specialized treatment we can arrange for transfer to the Steinbrenner Children's Emergency and Trauma Center at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Tampa.
For babies who are born in our hospital early, who have problems during delivery, or who develop problems while still in the hospital, we offer peace of mind with our neonatal intensive care unit.
Our level III NICU offers high quality care with a specialized team of caregivers and advanced technology.
Our NICU also has:
- 24-hour, in house board-certified neonatologists and nurse practitioners, certified nurses and respiratory therapy staff as well as onsite pediatric medical subspecialists
- Advanced imaging technology with immediate emergency interpretation
- Pediatric surgeons and anesthesiologists onsite or located at a nearby institution
If your child needs to stay overnight in the hospital, we have 10 dedicated private rooms designed to meet children's inpatient medical needs. As part of our services:
- A parent can always sleep in the room with a child
- A Child Life Specialist is available to help children learn about their surroundings and procedures without fear
Outpatient Pediatric Services
Through the St. Joseph’s Children’s Specialty Center, patients can access pediatric services and specialties including:
- Infectious Disease
- Pulmonology/Asthma management program
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
Morton Plant Mease Professional Center North
3253 McMullen Booth Road, Suite 100
Clearwater, FL 33761
For more information or a physician referral, call (888) 487-0183 or find a doctor near you.