- Obtain a Physician (MD or DO) Sponsor. Your physician sponsor must sign the application form.
- Verify your school is currently affiliated with BayCare and the student program is included in the affiliation.
A. Check with school or call 727-519-1300 to verify.
B. If school is not currently affiliated, please email your name, discipline, the school name, and school contact name and phone number to: Email
- Register for an NE#: www.baycare.org/onlinetraining
NOTE: You will need to register for an NE# to access the Cerner Electronic Medical Record while in the student role.
A. Follow the instructions to register/reactivate your username and password. If you previously had an NE#, you do not need to register for a new number.
B. Once completed, you will receive further instructions via email.
- Complete required training.
NOTE: If you are current with TME, you do not need to complete any additional training. You will need to submit a copy of your current training transcript with your application.
- Complete the Physician Sponsored Student Application. With the exception of the “For Office Use Only” area, all sections of the application must be completed in order for the application to be considered, including the Sponsoring Physician’s signature. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Note to Chrome users: Interactive PDFs do not function correctly when opened in Chrome. After completing the form in its entirety, click the Print icon and save your application as a PDF.
- Email the completed application and current training transcript to: Email.
Once all required documentation is submitted, the OD&L department will process your application and notify you of the approved rotation dates along with your Cerner Log-in user name and password.