Physician Sponsored Student Onboarding Process
Given recent national and local developments with the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), BayCare Health System is continuing with our contingency plan for the current state of the virus. With continued efforts to safeguard our community, we have decided to cancel all student clinical rotations at our BayCare facilities effective March 17, 2020. Please note: we will make an announcement on this site when programs are ready to resume.
The Physician Sponsored Student (PSS) onboarding process is designed for use by clinical students, from an affiliated school, seeking a rotation at a BayCare facility under the sponsorship of a credentialed physician.
This process provides medical students, and mid-level providers enrolled in college programs, an opportunity to fulfill their program’s clinical requirements, while participating in learning experiences within the BayCare Health System.
Prior to approval of any rotation within BayCare, students must complete these important steps to prevent delays in the onboarding process:
- Obtain a Physician (MD or DO) Sponsor
- Verify school and student program are currently affiliated with BayCare
- Register for an NE#
- Complete required training
- Complete the Physician Sponsored Student Application
- Submit completed application and current training transcript
- Submit proof of flu vaccination if the rotation will be anytime between December 10 and March 31
To begin the process, simply click the appropriate link:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
- Anesthesia Assistant
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Dental Student
- Medical Student
- Physician Assistant
- RN First Assist
- Surgical Tech-First Assist
- Visiting Fellow
- Visiting Resident
- Certified Nurse Midwife